“Undisputedly the best record of 2002 that I didn’t hear until 2003, Maja Ratkje’s Voice is a relentlessly creative treatise on the possibilities of vocal expression and manipulation. Using only her voice and subtle electronic touches, Ratkje’s debut solo album delivers a range of sounds beyond the grasp of most multi-member ensembles, and in the process, seemingly creates a whole new genre of music. The hyper pitter-patter of “Acid” unwinds at light speed, while “Trio” sounds as if three small animals are involved in a death match. Best yet is the amazing final track, “Insomnia”, beginning as manic white noise and then exploding into utter bedlam. Ratkje’s wall of shrieks is iron-fist power on par with the most disastrous Merzbow howl before she releases it, and with an offhanded chuckle the piece dissolves into ambient hypnosis. I think I’m in love.” (Dominique Leone)
- Done with sending out new years' emails to everyone I know. Do you want it, and haven't got it? That can be fixed i… https://t.co/VGWS6bnON5
- Very cool to be featured here! (Both English and German version in one.) Visuals with quotes from @MathunaeseMedia https://t.co/TGG85SXeJZ
- RT @majaratkje: Maja S. K. Ratkje »Solo Voice and Live Electronics« | Giga-Hertz Award https://t.co/kNuU2cyBkv via @YouTube
- RT @majaratkje: @thebrokencradle https://t.co/jeOOk3d6RI
- Har sendt ut gammeldagse nyttårs-eposter, vil du ha, og ikke fått? I så fall trenger jeg din epost. Et av 2021s pro… https://t.co/KjbBTep7KF
No shows booked at the moment.