Voice, the movie

A Berlin based film team has followed my work over some years, and the movie was premiered at Cinemateket, Trondheim 2015.

The title is: Voice – Sculpting Sound with Maja S. K. Ratkje. A film by IJ. Biermann and Kai Miedendorp.

The pictures in the heading of this blog are all stills from the film.

From director Ingo Biermann’s site:

A cinematic feature documentary about Norwegian composer and performer Maja Ratkje. It is not only the portrait of a singular musician and singer, but the film will explore the sound and the nature of the human voice in all its facets.

…mit Maja Solveig Kjelstrup Ratkje, Frode Haltli, Joëlle Léandre, Kathy Hinde, Kristin Andersen, Hild Sofie Tafjord, Else Olsen Storesund, Håvard Skaset, Guro Skumsnes Moe, Mitgliedern von Trondheim Sinfonietta, Sylvie Courvoisier, Ikue Mori, Alessandro Olla u.a.

15 Responses to Voice, the movie

1. I watched the trailer, I will watch the movie.

Music seems to be great thanks for the nice share

2. admin says:

Dear Tieqiao. So nice to hear from you! Hope you are well.

3. Li Tieqiao says:

Hi Maja,
    So great movie and cool sound. Thanks!
    Li Tieqiao

4. admin says:

Many thanks, Helena! Hope to come to Portugal again some day.

5. Poetical, beautiful, inspiring ! Congratulations !
    Hope I can meet you sometime. I’d be happy to show you some sunny places in my country (Portugal).
    All best,
    Helena

6. Stephen says:

Thank you! :D
    I love it!

I am really looking forward to this film.

7. admin says:

Hi! I know which one it is. It’s on this record: Passing Images released on ECM in 2007. Thanks!

8. Stephen says:

Maja, thanks for the reply.
    I listened to ET OS, and it is wonderful. But, unfortunately, it is not the piece I was inquiring about.

I was looking for the piece that starts at 4 minutes and 40 seconds in the video. I love the melody, and I can’t get it out of my head.

9. Guri says:

Yes, absolutely beautiful! Ser ut som om det kommer til å bli den vakreste og mest inspirerende dokumentar! Så flott! Håper du roper høyt og i god tid om når og hvor den skal sendes! Nydelige er dere, hele gjengen!

10. admin says:

Hi, many thanks! The piece is aopn a disk with Trondheim Sinfonietta, the CD is called Snowblind, it features composers from that region in Norway: Trøndelag. And my piece is called ET OS. It’s with a reader too. I am conducting after the text in my headphones.

11. Stephen says:

Absolutely beautiful. Wonderful work.

Is there a recording of the strings piece starting at 4:40 in the video?

12. tk says:

your family shots are hypnotising, thank you.

13. Matthew says:

Dear Maja,

seems like a very interesting project; can’t wait for the final result.
    Keep up the good job!

14. admin says:

Many thanks, and congratulations for being the first person to leave a comment:-)

15. Spruit says:

Hi Maja,

Great new site, can`t wait to see the movie…love the trailer.

All the best and thanks for all the great music…

Gr. Spruit