killing time kills 2009: Ok, starting with the post for tonight, here’s Maja Ratkje’s cd entitled “Voice.” you may remember Maja from her project Fe-mail. This is her “a capella” cd of just her incredible voice and vocal chords. Mike Patton, eat your fucking heart out. Maja can do some INSANE shit with those chords. this is a really interesting listen, very different but really only for the adventurous listener as there is really nothing but jarring and strange vocals. she uses no electronics, no post production, and nothing else but those lungs. it’s amazing, really. worth a listen cause you will never hear anything else like it.
- "when asked why she was making 'Noise', she replied “ in order to forget all the noise of everyday life”. https://t.co/W5fsJsyaNT
- RT @soundprojector: @zeromoon @BorisovAlexei @majaratkje @bureaublabel That Fe-Mail album is a total beaut of noise music!
- RT @rednoteensemble: Rehearsals this afternoon for Aeolian - if you want to know what the balloons are for come see us in November… https://t.co/Y9LWF6bwQR
- RT @ClimateReality: #ClimateAction is good for the economy. Globally, almost 10M people are employed by clean energy… https://t.co/E4a6tzmfwV
- RT @CharterisCentre: Great to have the @rednoteensemble with us for the next few days. There's some interesting construction taking pla… https://t.co/cFIeX1JpYi
- 25/07/17 Maja S. K. Ratkje in Järvenpää at Kallio-Kuninkala, Leonora Hall
- 26/07/17 Maja S. K. Ratkje in Järvenpää at Järvenpää Art Museum
- 29/07/17 Linda Suolahti, Maija Linkola, Riikka Repo and Sirja Nironen in Järvenpää at Kallio-Kuninkala, Leonora Hall
- 29/07/17 Maja S. K. Ratkje in Järvenpää at Kallio-Kuninkala, Leonora Hall
- 20/08/17 SPUNK in Svartskog at Oppegård kirke