“Undisputedly the best record of 2002 that I didn’t hear until 2003, Maja Ratkje’s Voice is a relentlessly creative treatise on the possibilities of vocal expression and manipulation. Using only her voice and subtle electronic touches, Ratkje’s debut solo album delivers a range of sounds beyond the grasp of most multi-member ensembles, and in the process, seemingly creates a whole new genre of music. The hyper pitter-patter of “Acid” unwinds at light speed, while “Trio” sounds as if three small animals are involved in a death match. Best yet is the amazing final track, “Insomnia”, beginning as manic white noise and then exploding into utter bedlam. Ratkje’s wall of shrieks is iron-fist power on par with the most disastrous Merzbow howl before she releases it, and with an offhanded chuckle the piece dissolves into ambient hypnosis. I think I’m in love.” (Dominique Leone)
- Das wohltemperierte SPUNK on top of 'must have' list at Norwegian jazz blog Salt peanuts. https://t.co/k527SxqF5B
- Er Ariana og Trine Skei i slekt, tro?
- RT @majaratkje: I love the French interpretation of this piece! Thanks! https://t.co/nPYfl1BFbT
- RT @SenSanders: "You say you love your children above all else, yet you are stealing their futures right before their very eyes," -… https://t.co/mp4QuXu6FW
- I love the French interpretation of this piece! Thanks! https://t.co/nPYfl1BFbT
No shows booked at the moment.